Berwick and Harkaway Cemetery Trust Respects Your Privacy And The Protection Of Your Personal Information, And Is Committed To Complying With All Relevant Legislation And The Australian Privacy Principles As Described In The Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012.
Among other things, this means the Berwick and Harkaway Cemetery Trust will:
- Only collect personal information that is necessary for fulfilling our industry function of operating cemeteries and a crematorium as prescribed in the Cemeteries and Crematoria Act 2003. Sensitive information will only be collected where permitted under the Act, or where the individual has provided consent.
- Be open and transparent in the way information is collected.
- Only use or disclose information in ways that are consistent with public expectations, or are required in the public interest.
- Only use or disclose retained personal information in the provision of our standard functions or activities. We will not release or sell information to any unrelated third party unless required by law.
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure the personal information held by us is accurate, complete, up to date and securely stored.
- Let you access the information held about you, where ever possible. For security reasons you may be required to put your request in writing. You will also be able to correct information held, if required.
- Attempt to deal with you anonymously, if you wish, however this may restrict our ability to deal with the requirements of you or your family in the future.
- Provide an opportunity for complaints about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, or a registered APP code (if any) that binds the Trust. Complaints are to be in writing addressed to the Manager and will be considered by the Manager in conjunction with the Chairman and/or the full Trust.
- Not disclose any personal information to overseas recipients.